This page is for your theories on Book 8.5: Unlocked. All are welcome to edit this page! Please keep in mind that anything you write on this page may be used in writing a projected, 20-point plot line, that will be used to summarize what wikians think
that Unlocked will contain. This plotline will be made around one month before the book's release.
- Unlocked is the 'Unlocking' of the cache, so possibly it could take a while for them to unlock it, or unlock what the secrets mean - TeamKeefe12
- Dex will finally be able to open the other Cache's.
- Fintan was lying about his and Kenric's being fake cache's, to knock them off track. - TeamKeefe12
- Keefe will confess their feelings. Their as in his and Sophie's. Because he is an empath, he knows better what Sophie feels. - TeamKeefe12
- Keefe will likely manifest something that has major power. Possibly something we've never seen before. - TeamKeefe12
- Keefe's middle name will be revealed - TeamKeefe12
- As will the Great Gulon Incident - TeamKeefe12
- Shannon confirmed the Great Gulon Incident will not be revealed in the regular series,instead of being a side story.-RealLifeEmpath
- Dex will discover how to unlock the cache. - HappyShadowThoughts176
- The Neverseen will attack an Elvin city - SlurpsandBurps
- Mysterium will come into play. - SlurpsandBurps
- They wil unlock the Archetype after stealing it-RealLifeEmpath
- Keefe is a mesmer and Grady has to teach him-gradyruewenmesmer
- something will happen with the goblins in Gildingham-RealLifeEmpath
- Keefe will probably confess his feelings to Sophie. And maybe she will like him back. From "Legacy" it seems like she will. If this happens Fitz will probably not take it well. -
Main Event Theories
- Blur reveals his identity (I think he is Jensi’s older brother) - Kawaiiiggy
- Keefe manifests - TeamKeefe12
- The secrets in the caches are revealed to be something way more important. - TeamKeefe12
- Stellarlune likely plays an important part. - Keephie4eva
- The "fake" caches are real and they hold valuable information. -Anonymous
- We discover more about Sophie's dad. -Anonymous
- Wraith's identity is revealed - SlurpsandBurps
- Rex, Bex, and Lex manifest (I hope) - SlurpsandBurps
- If you have not read book 8.5 yet I am so sorry. =(
Glimmer's Identity Theories
- I think she's Cyrah Endal. The theory (the most common version I've seen with some of my own touches.) states that Gisela saved her but forced her into working for the Neverseen in exchange for her life. A few pieces of evidence seem to diffuse this, but they all have possible explanations. Cyrah has red hair, and Glimmer has been described as having black hair. However, hair dye and appearance changing elixirs are quite common in the Elvin world. She also refuses to take off her hood at the end of Legacy, so it could be that the elixir or dye has worn off. Secondly, she was described as a girl, which is used to refer to a child female, but girl is also used as a general term for females. Lastly, Tam says that Glimmer sounds like Lihn, but we never got any proof of what any of the characters sound like, and if Elven teenagers age like humans, Lihn has her full adult voice already most likely, so maybe Cyrah just sounds like her. It’s kind of far fetched but it also works in so many ways. At least she’s a confirmed Flasher, even called talented by Gisela I believe, and Gisela also calls Glimmer talented, and insane plot twists are common in this fandom, so the theory has that going for it. That’s the full Cyrah Endal is Glimmer theory. - Rainbowpie14
- I can add to this: I also think Glimmer is Cyrah. But Caprise Redek found Cyrah's body after the leap and saw her die, so how would she be able to sneak off to joing the Neverseen? Here's how: Gisela pointed another leaping crystal at Cyrah as she was leaping away, and half of Cyrah went to the place where Gisela's crystal went. Then Gisela used her crystal to find Cyrah, nd nursed her back to health. THAT'S why Gisela says Glimmer is so devoted: because she saved Glimmer's life. Cyrah might not even know that Gisela was the one who almost killed her.
- Glimmer is the human guy's daughter. I find it strange that SWM would randomly mention he had a daughter, and not bring it up later. Maybe Keefe was sent to recruit her or her dad or something, and her dad said no, and they killed him and took her, and gave her an ability. - LIL'WINDOWCLEANER
- I agree, but I think they tried to recruit her dad because he was an elf in hiding so she got an ability. -Randomperson
- I think Glimmer is Tam & Linh’s triplet. Her voice sounds like Linh’s, as stated in Tam’s POV. To join the Neverseen, she was probably wronged by the council, and the council hates multiple births. Also, Quan and Mai Song insisted that Tam and Linh weren’t twins: maybe there is some truth to that because they are actually triplets. - HappyShadowThoughts176
- I can add to this theory. Glimmer has black hair, right? Well, so do Tam and Linh! Also, this would explain why Glimmer both tried so hard to be Tam's friend, and then changed sides! remember, Gisela said, "Glimmer is more dedicated than anyone else," (or something like that,) and then Glimmer changes sides just because Gisela lied to Tam? Glimmer has to know all the horrible things that the Neverseen has done, so this should'nt be too big of a surprise. Maybe she was feeling some sisterly loyalty. Or maybe she's not their twin, maybe she's just their sister, and she was the perfect daughter to Quan and Mai, but then her twin siblings were born, and she left (or was taken) to join theNneverseen, and that's why Quan and Mai hate Tam and Linh so much. Because they wish they were Glimmer. - Keephie4eva
- What if glimmer is Jolie? She would do just about anything for Brant, and she could still be trying to infiltrate the Neverseen. Or maybe she's brainwashed by Gethen because he got recruited for his washing skills... I am not sure. - Anomynous
- I'm just gonna throw this out there- what if a project before Project Moonlark went wrong- and Sophie's older sibling wants revenge for what they did to them...? -Anonymous
- I think that Glimmer might be Lady Cadence or Livvy. First, I think that Lady Cadence joined the Neverseen a little bit after she escorted Blur, Sophie and Keefe to King Dimitar's Palace. Since in Tam's POV, he described Glimmer's voice sounding like Linh's, Lady Cadence is a Polygolt and she can mimic. And she might have hidden abilities too. I'm not sure. this is just a theory. - Waterfall-dewdrop
- Neither of those characters are flashers so they can't be.
Keefe's Ability Theories
- I think that Keefe's new ability will be a mix of Mesmer, Telepath, Conjurer, and Inflictor. - TeamFoster-KeefeFTW!
- Mesmer: I thought of this theory because Lady Gisela would want Keefe to be able to control other people and become very powerful.
- 2. Telepath: When Lady Gisela "transformed" him, his mind looked "fresh and new" as stated in Legacy. She could just be trying to trigger this ability so that Keefe and Sophie would have a chance of becoming Cognates and it would make it easier for the Neverseen to manipulate Sophie.
- 3. Conjurer: In Neverseen, on one of Keefe's sticky notes in his Alluveterre room, it said that his mom tested if he was a Conjurer twice.
- 4. Inflictor: To match Sophie, Lady Gisela most probably wanted an Inflictor on her team so that they could defeat the Black Swan.
- 5. The combo's explanation: Whatever Keefe transmits would become a command and the person who was impacted would do it without knowing and if they resist, they would get Inflicted automatically. Also, Keefe would be able to Conjure light and darkness to be able to produce illusions like Glimmer (she Conjures light). So essentially, Keefe would have 3 abilities: Empath, Mesmer+Telepath+Inflictor, and Conjurer.
- I think he is all of [TeamFoster-Keefe's ability theories] but also a.....psionipath because they lost there other one because of Wylie or Tam, don't remember. - KEEPERFAN10
- Also, I think Keefe's new ability is probably going to be something different that we have never heard of before. Or maybe something connected with stellarlune. All the other abilities someone already has. Also, if Marella and Linh can combine their abilities (water and fire) what would happen if you combined all the elementals? Maybe Keefe is going to have an elemental ability too? Idk. Reply if you think any of these are possible! - Credit pending
- I think his ability might be a flasher. I think that a flasher is somehow connected to stellarlune. ANd I think he will learn how to use it to help people. But it could also be something we have, a)never heard of. b) something elemental. or c) a combo. -Booknerd150
- I heard this theory from someone else but would like to tell you to see what you think. Keefe will get the ability to steal abilities. I am not sure if that would be stealing them and then having that ability along with them or taking an ability away from someone so they don't have one and then claim it as his own. This is an ability that seems pretty far fetched because we don't know if that is possible or what stellarlune does to someone and I can not find anything supporting this theory in the books or anywhere else. Personally I think it would be cool if he could duplicate abilities, like he can't steal them from people but he can touch them and be able to use their ability until he touches someone else (Like Daniel from Lab Rats: Bionic Island, if you've seen it). I feel this would give a big advantage to the Neverseen (If Gisela can control him or something) because Keefe would be able to match anyone he comes up against. Please tell me what you think because I think this might be a good idea. If Keefe does not get a new ability (One we haven't heard of) then I think he will become an Inflictor, I am in the middle of rereading the books and I'm sure I can find evidence. -JustAnotherKeeperFan
- Throwing out a random idea that I founded in my head - Since triggering Keefe's ability would have been from a flasher (Glimmer) and a shade (Tam) doing some combining powers thingy, I think it might be related with that. I do not think that Keefe will have both flasher and shade powers howevr, since we already have a flasher and a shade on the team. I recall back in FLASHBACK that Wylie and Tam were able to hide the troll nest by using shadows and light to create a kind of illusion. (Also that scene was on the cover) I also think that Lady Gisela would have wanted her son to have a brand new ability, since if she wanted a more common ability such as conjurer or flasher she could just go and kidnap onaske she did with Tam. So perhaps his ability could have something to do with illusions? I think it would be an interesting idea.
I think that it's probably an ability that neither the Neverseen or theBlack Swan has on their side,because it's called "Game-changing" by Lady Gisela. Maybe it's a beguiler, which would be useful because you could convince anybody to do anything, or maybe it's like some earth elemental ability. Or, possibly it's a kind of ability that is like, the opposite of an enhancer, you can steal other people's energy, and/or have some of their abilities when holding onto their hands, then if you held on to two people's hands, you could combine their abilities, like if you held onto the hands of a Guster and a Hydrokinetic you could control water AND air. Or maybe it's like a combination of flasher and shade, because those are the abilities that triggered the change in Keefe, and in Flashback, those two abilities combined to create something very powerful, so the combination of flasher and shade would be freaky powerful. IDK I think the last one is the best of my theories, lmk what you think! -MarellaThePyrokinetic
- if anyone's read the excerpt of unlocked, in the preface it says that Keefe's ability is too dangerous so I think he'll be able to, like, kill people by touching them or something ultra spooky also unlocked comes out in five days I'm so excited
- Yes I read the excerpt, it's SO good I love it, so yeah, I'm so excited too aieeeeeee! But all of the ones I listed above for my theories are pretty spooky and powerful, so I'm not going to delete them yet.
- Just an idea- It said that something(I don't remember what its called) can control shades. Shades are super dangerous (Shadowflux) and it said she married a empath for a reason, maybe she figured something really strong that an empath could do, or empath mixed with shade could do, and decided to give keefe shade - Swansinger
- Guys, He's a _______________ No, spoilers
- I think he may have Amber because his mom said game changing so him having Amber could eliminate threats, I am also thinking he could turn it off and Lady Gisela is imune as she took a lot of elxirs. Also she doesn't really like the neverseen or anyone for that matter so she could want to make her own world or something. The other reason I think Amber is because Shannon said there would be new powers and I think that he may be one of them getting new powers. I think that Keefe would get Amber and Lady Gisela would have a small amount of control over him. dunno just an idea -Kotlc4everGirl
- Maybe something to do with emotions and words bc his parent's abilities?-TheForklenator
- I think Keefe would have the ability to control stellarlune and shadowflux OR he would have an entirely new ability that would compliment his Empath ability to manipulate emotions. -Lakaronical345
- people who've read unlocked stop putting "theories" of what the ability actually is, it's annoying
Sophie's Father Theories
- In Flashback, Sophie talks about Elwin feeling like family... and he's a prominent character throughout the series. Another theory I really like is that Sophie is half-human. Maybe the human guy (Ethan Benedict Wright), and Lady Gisela was blackmailing him with the letter. If his daughter is still alive, then she might be Glimmer, ergo Sophie's half-sister. I don't know how she would have an ability unless she was included in a similar initiative as Lodestar. #3- What if she's part Vacker? Then she would have to choose Keefe over Fitz... heeheehee.
- Gethen. Blonde, Telepath, not Oralie's friend-Gethen wants to take down the council. He could have joined the Black Swan expecting to do exactly that- and donated his dna. When he found out the black swan was not mean, he left and joined the Neverseen.-RealLifeEmpath
- [sort of replying to the thing above] I definitely agree with Gethen because I think the Neverseen and the Black Swan are a part of a bigger organization (or at least used to be) but Elwin has always mentioned how the Black Swan should tell Sophie who her biological parents are, so if he was her dad, he would've told her. I also think Sophie being half-human would make sense, because if Lady Gisela knew that, that would mean that she might've known cuz of my earlier theory about the Neverseen and Black Swan being the same organization. Being half Vacker would sorta make sense (also yess sokeefe rules xD) cuz Alden would act very fatherly toward her but it wouldn't explain why he didn't know where Sophie was. Oralie knew about who she was and where she was (I'm pretty sure idk I forgot) so it wouldn't make sense if Alden didn't know. -anonymous
[Mr. Forkle said that both Sophie's parents were elfs. Meaning that she cannot be half human-half elf.] -FluffyIggyMonster
- What if Sophie’s dad is a hydrokinetic? Sophie calms down around water and it helps her do her thing! Shannon Messenger may just trick us all by 1 introducing a new character 2 having someone else have a secret power! Comment below what you think of this theory!
-I think it's Elwin because, in Unlocked he says in her healing center files that she carries very precious DNA. Also he says a ton of other things that makes it seem like he cares about her like family. He also kept alot of secrets about his last name (Heslege) and where he lives. Sound like Sophie's mom???
-I know that Forkle lies a lot but at the same time you have to put into consideration that he said her parents didn't know each other the other thing is the fact that it can't be a Vacker as Keefe put it Forkle would have snuffed out your Fitz feelings a looong time ago. Finally I think that Oralie may have looked for the other donor aswell because she is an Empath so she may have been able to sense if someone was like scared or if she made her own investigatons. I know that that is unlikely. Also I wonder which parent Sophie got her oblivous and her badmside from. or if it's from her. That is also something to think about.
- kesler. 100% kesler. reasons: kesler is talentless. that's a major help to the black swan, they're trying to change the elvin world, why not start with showing that a daughter of a talentless elf can still do great things. also, it would be a huge scandal, because oralie's a councillor. it's already said that sophie and her dad and mom don't share abilities, and she sure isn't an empath. maybe her dad just doesn't have any. also, when she first meets kesler, he "studies her like she's one of his experiments" wow real smooth shannon. also, making dex and her cousins by adoption would be a perfect way to make it so people wouldn't ship them. also, for everyone who might say he was too surprised she existed to be her dad, he was surprised because they weren't supposed to bring her to the elvin world for six more years, of course he was surprised. also, shannon has said that she had to make dex have redder hair, because on the cover they looked like siblings. why is that such a bad thing, if they're already cousins, you ask? well its cuz they ARE siblings. it's unlikely for it to be someone of higher status, like a vacker, because mr. forkle has said that sophie's mom and dad have no interaction/relation to each other, and plenty of people in the nobility, ESPECIALLY the vackers, have probably associated themselves with the councillors plenty of times. - Chunkbunny07
-I honestly think her father could be the boobrie dude. He was way nicer to her than anyone else at Exillium and it would be hilarious to see how that plays out.