(There are a bunch of HUGE spoilers in here so if you have not read all of the books... yeah.)
- 1 Theories about Alvar
- 2 Theories about the Council
- 3 Theories about the Collective
- 4 Theories about Sophie's Biological Parents
- 5 Theories about Stina
- 6 Theories about Bronte
- 7 Theories about Keefe
- 8 Theories about Fitz
- 9 Theories about the Neverseen
- 10 Theories for Lady Gisela
- 11 Theories that don't fit in the other categories.
- 12 Theories about the Vackers
Theories about Alvar
Put your theories about Alvar Vacker here!
- Alvar will have a sympathetic backstory revealed in Flashback. -SunshineAnnie
- Vespera soporidined Alvar because he wasn't ruthless enough- Throughout Lodestar there are many moments in which Alvar is described as being "brotherly"(pg 158) to Keefe, once even letting Keefe know how they each don't break(except Brant). While Fintan wipes his memories, Alvar has no need to as he doesn't kill. Although he doesn't kill, he nonetheless does "unimaginably awful things". Since he only kidnaps (and does other terrible things), I think Vespera thought he wasn't ruthless enough to what is "necessary". I think he was too weak(in Vespera's mind) as not only did he have a soft spot for Biana and Keefe, but he also wouldn't go to the extremes that were needed. Had he been able to, I doubt he would be in his current state. To keep him from talking they didn't just use soporidine, but they had Gethen wipe his memory. The part I'm very unsure about is why this ruthless group of people did not kill him. It could've been for a number of reasons which include, a.) They hoped to use ogre enzymes (on him possibly) to track Sophie and her friends to a black swan hideout. b.) They thought he had a chance to be more ruthless in the future, or c.) They weren't ruthless enough.- SuldreenSong
- The Alvar that was evil wasn't the real Alvar. When the real Alvar was searching for Sophie, the Neverseen captured him for information. When he wouldn't give any info up, they drugged him and brainwashed him. The Alvar that Sophie met was fake, perhaps someone that took elixirs (or something like Polyjuice Potion.) This Alvar was the "traitor' and he gave the Neverseen info. - Sage
Theories about the Council
Put your theories about the Council here!
- When the fire happened in Oblivymere, Kenric and Fintan were hid in a cache. That's how Fintan survived the Everblaze. Then, he trapped Kenric inside the cache. The Elvin interference might be another reason why Fintan gave away a fake cache — Light and Bright and Sunset Gold
- Councillor Alina is a NEVERSEEN AGENT!!!! THIS IS URGENT!!! I have evidence too! In book 3, Alina allows the use of the very painful ability restrictor because it would put Sophie out of the picture, and Sophie is not good for the Neverseen's plans. In addition, Alina has never liked Sophie in the first place and is constantly rude to her and her friends. This may not seem convicting enough, but what really led me to believe this is..... Prentice. In Book 4, Neverseen, The Black Swan and the Council make a trade. Council recieves Gethen as a prisoner, and give black swan prentice. But prentice was in a weird state. Later, they found he had soporidine. Which Councillor Alina has to have given him! Read this excerpt: "'But you said he was drugged today, right?' Biana asked. 'Maybe he was still sedated?' 'Drugs rarely have any effect on a broken mind,' Della said... 'Unless...'. 'Unless what?' Della and Biana both asked, making Sophie realize she'd spoken aloud. 'What if... Councillor Alina did something?' She whispered. 'We all saw him yesterday, and he wasn't catatonic like this. Terik even called for backup because he needed someone to calm Prentice for transport.'" - From Neverseen
- to add to 2: I feel the EXACT same feels about that sparkly poop head.
- BRUHHH read nightfall, it wasn't councillor Alina, it was 2 dwarves that were helping Terik and they put the dot on his palm. Its not Alina.
Theories about the Collective
Put your theories about the Collective here!
- Blur is Jensi or his older brother. -Unknown
- Blur is Fernan Babblos (Jensi's older brother). It would make sense since Jensi says his brother is a phaser, and in Book 5, Jensi is also able to explode his splotcher so his family must have taught him or his family is very powerful. Also, in Nightfall, it states that Blur's face is round with full lips, exactly like Jensi and we know that in their world, siblings and parents and sons/daughters look veryyyy alike and they have the same facial features. -anonymousxkt
- Since two of Mr. Forkle's known identities have the exact same letters in their last names just switched up (Forkle and Kerlof), I believe that his other identity (Sir Astin) will share the same letters with one of his unrevealed identities (lol so he could be Stina). -SunshineAnnie
- Blur is Jensi because he is a part of a family of Phasers. In Nightfall, when the water washes over him, Sophie says the he is shorter than she imagined with dark hair. He also said his real identity is a loooooooooong story which makes sense because in the books Jensi doesn't have an ability. This theory is yet to be confirmed. -Mallowmelt
- Not about the Collective but maybe Marella's dad is Trix (because he's a Guster) and maybe he got blackmailed (explains Caprise's mysterious accident and also the fact that she knew Cyrah) - Anonymous
- Not about the Collective as well, but I personally think that Trix is Jolie. She is afraid of fire, and weapons, so maybe the story behind her and Brant isn't totally true. This may have ties to the Neverseen. Also, Trix was able to find a way to LIVE in a clock, so I'm pretty sure that she can make something to alter the way she looks. - Can't remember my username.....
- To add to 6...BROOOO TRIX IS NOT JOLIE. Trix is a man/boy/he. Shannon says Trix= he, Umber = she. sooooooo...Jolie makes no sense. - anonymousxkt
- Wraith and Squall(Juline) have some kind of relationship. They are always siding with each other, and Squall usually contacts Wraith ~Magician4237
Theories about Sophie's Biological Parents
Put your theories about Sophie’s Biological Parents here!
- Terik is Sophie's dad. IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!!! soooooo first off, we know that Sophie's mom is Oralie and Mr. Forkle states that her parents weren't even friends. Oralie and Terik are don't have to be friends even if they work together. Also, Mr. Forkle says that he can't reveal both of her parents because it would topple their world (he never specifically states which one could "topple their world" so it shouldn't be implied for only Oralie but also her dad). Which means, Sophie's dad would also topple their world meaning it would be another councillor and we know ever since Sophie's first days (since book 2 specifically and 3), her 2 most loyal supporters are Terik and Oralie, and then soon later Bronte. Terik cared for Sophie and even changed her imparter so she could message him. And for any other theories, it can't be anyone part of the black swan since Tiergan said in book 7, "Mr. Forkle actually never shared with anyone who your parents are." -anonymousxkt
- Its TIERGAN! Mr. Forkle states that her genetic parents weren't even friends and we know Oralie is her mother. Tiergan, despises the Council and he is also an extremely good telepath. Also, throughout the book, Tiergan always asked Sophie if he should stay with her when Alden was sick; he also always looked out for Sophie and whenever they were together, Tiergan would always ask her why she was there. It makes so much sense. Tiergan also has pale blond hair, and when it was Sophie's first session, Tiergan kept losing his train of thought because he was looking at Sophie and getting into a daze. Finally, after the elementine tribunal, Tiergan brought Sophie to Hollywood and when he asked her, "Why do you think you were hidden among humans?" Sophie said, "Because my parents probably wanted to get rid of me." It then states that "pain seeped into his features"; Tiergan also told Sophie a lot about Prentice and the Black Swan in that scene. It said, something like "he took a deep breath and quickly said the words before he could take it back." It makes soooo much sense. It has to be Tiergan.
- Elwin-yes I’m 100% sure it’s Elwin now. I know most of you probably haven’t started unlocked,but you can get a free Excerpt ( like the first 60 or so pages), and on page 62 of the excerpt , it says... well,just read it for yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- So, not actually about her biological parents, but what if her "human mom" was an elf? Because Forkle says that her "belly button even turned pink and popped out like it would've if she were an elf" and he "still couldn't understand why it did". (This was when Sophie found out about how elves counted age and birthdays) Also, her initials (E.I.F) are very similar to the word ELF, and we already know that certain characters with those initials are, indeed, elves. (Forkle) -Anonymous
- Sophie's dad could be human, because Mr.Forkle said that her biological parents didn't know each other and every elf, troll, goblin, gnome, ogre, dwarf knows Oralie.
- Blur or Wraith? Merbe. But KENRIC? So. Yes. Wow. Think about it, okay? (even though its heartbreaking for Councillior Lyingcurls)... Also be serious, guys! Please. Also, shouldn't there be a section on The Black Swan Theirous? Sorry about the spelling! ~Williowed Sophie~
- To add to number 6...IT CAN'T BE KENRIC because Mr. Forkle states that her parents WEREN'T EVEN FRIENDS AND HAD NO CONNECTIONS TO EACH OTHER. Kenric and Oralie were basically a couple and were so close to each other so it doesn't make sense.
- Quan Song
- I think her dad is the Boobrie Dude. (the healer guy in exilium) He was way nicer to her than anyone else at exillium, and there is no way Oralie could know him.
- I think Gethen is probably Sophie's bio dad. He shares a lot of traits with Sophie, like having pale skin, blonde hair, and exceptionally powerful Telepathy. We know nothing about his backstory, so it's very possible that he a): used to be on the good side but changed his mind after donating his DNA; b): donated his DNA while he was already in the Neverseen to aid their plans(Gisela did mention that Sophie would be involved...); or C): he's putting up an act or something. The Neverseen members have also shown to have zero problems hurting people they're related to(Gisela and Alvar who?), so Gethen's animosity towards Sophie doesn't necessarily debunk this theory. - Limon Drop
- (All credit goes to Kitty Kat Chocolate Bar) Sophie might have two biological mothers. It's possible for humans to do this, probably by using stem cells and other complicated stuff I don't understand. Elves are clearly way more technologically advanced than humans, so it's entirely plausible that they can too. - Limon Drop
Theories about Stina
Put your theories about Stina here!
- Her name means "pure," so maybe she turns good. -SophitzFoster
- She will eventually join the Black Swan. -SunshineAnnie
- She will join the Black Swan when the Neverseen take someone she loves -Betsy
- Stina will always be on the good side. -InkyAtrocity4011
Theories about Bronte
Put your theories of Bronte here!
- Bronte had a love but got his heart broken so he became a cold-hearted (kinda nice) Councillor.-Chloe
- Bronte will share something in his cache that turned him cold. -Z
- Bronte could be Oralie's dad. (heh that's crazy but he is always soft towards her.)
- To add to number 3 Bronte is sort of grandfather-ish to Sophie. Oralie may have told him about her being Sophie's mom. Bronte probably was mad at her for this but eventually softened up after getting to know Sophie.
Theories about Keefe
Put your theories about Keefe here!
- His middle name is Wynn.-Anonymous
- ok, so forklenator told Sophie during Cognate training in Neverseen: “every emotion has an effect on your telepathy.” (That’s not the exact quote.) “love pushes us forward, and keeps us moving.“ then, later in the book, he says the following: “you are good for Mr. Sencen, you both push each other forward.” I feel like this is intentional guys. -KotLC fan.
- (*SPOILERS*) When Keefe was enhanced, he was able to sense the emotions in Sophie's heart. He said that the emotions in Sophie's heart are different from Sophie's head. This might be a reference to Sophie's feelings or Fitz. MAYBE we could get some Sokeefe action in the future? I think so because if Sophie's true feelings had been for Fitz, Keefe would have backed off. However, he still continues to flirt with Sophie. He also shielded memories with Sophie in them during Sophie and Fitz's attempt to learn things about his mom. (However, this is highly unlikely, because Fitzphie was declared cannon.) ~Sketch
- Guys, Keefe is on every even numbered book. And on every cover that he is on, Sophie is wearing a white dress. This means that they are getting married!I don't know and maybe I AM exaggerating but hey, a Sokeefe shipper will make his/her/their ship sail!
- Keefe is Sophie’s brother. I know this sounds crazy but hear me out. He is the only other character with a photographic memory, AND he has a special empath connection to her. Also, a major theme of abilities in this book is that most abilities have an opposite ability to balance them out, such as a flasher and a shade and a hydrokinetic and a pyrokinetic. Empath and Telepaths seem to valence each other on in a similar fashion, the head and the heart-like Keefe’s dad was talking about. Lady Gisela wanted to be able to have her own moonlark for her cause, so she took Keefe and impregnated herself like the black swan did with Sophie’s parents. I know that if it’s true than the Sokeefe ship will go out the window, but there's too much evidence to ignore. -A
- To add to No. 5, I used to think Lord Caissus was Myious Miss F.'s father until... I SHIP SOKEEFE. Lol. Also, his middle name could actally be CAISUSS. Think about it. ~Williowed Sophie~
- If you guys have read the new book, Legacy,(SPOILERS) Sophie figures out that Oralie is her mom. Her telepathy is slightly affected by this, but Keefe has a special empath connection to her. So he's her brother, Oralie is her mother, and Lord Cassius is her father. -Person whom has no account on here but wants one.
- Keefe is related to Marella. They are the ONLY two characters in the series (excluding the specified related ones) to be described with the SAME EXACT eye color.
- BISEXUAL <3
Theories about Fitz
Put your theories about Fitz here!
- His middle name is Avery which means elvin ruler so maybe he will become a councillor? -Anonymous
- Alvar said that his parents pretty much forgot about him when his siblings were born, but why did they wait so long for that? I think that Fitz may be Alina’s son. If this wasn't true, his parents wouldn't be so embarrassed about the Alina-trying-to-beguile-Alden-out-of-their-wedding thing. They would just be able to laugh it off, but they get really embarrassed about that subject. Della must have understood that Alina had beguiled Alden into the affair and taken Fitz as her own child. I know it sounds crazy, but he may have two abilities. Telepath, like his father, and beguiler, like his mother. Sophie has said that she loves Fitz’s accent and his eyes make her give in to the things he says. Fitz also got Sophie to go with him to the Lost Cities when she barely knew who he was. He must be accidentally beguiling her into liking him. -SoKeefe4life
- To add to Number 2, that could be why Sophie fell in love with him. She actually loved Keefe after Neverseen, but he tricked her into loving him instead.
- Fitz is Mr. Forkle.....(i-.)
- To add to Number 4, No, just, no. Check yer NIGHTFALL books ppl. ~Williowed Sophie~
Theories about the Neverseen
- What if the neverseen are so interested in Sophie because she has fresh perspective on the elvin world. Think about it; they want her to see all the unfair policies of the elves so she will help them get back at the council. The neverseen members have all probably been wronged by the council in the past, which is why they are evil. They want Sophie to help get revenge. - HappyShadowThoughts176
- Also, I think that kinda has to do with the theme Shannon is trying to get across with this series- that people shouldn’t be judged unfairly
- They are all discriminated(but idk how Gisela is tho. Maybe cause of Cassius.)
- I think that the Neverseen are interested in her because she is the one who mostly makes the hard passes and calls ( recall all of your sleepless nights reading this series, Who mostly makes the hard passes & calls) and that she is an Enhancer, having someone in the inside to know what happens.
- They are there to overthow the council, bribe Sophie into joining them, and to slagter the human race. Check the Forklantor's theorie in Legacy. ~Williowed Sophie~
Theories for Lady Gisela
- Lady Gisela has that weird bracelet or necklace, I forgot, but i think it might be a way for her to block keefe's new power
- Lady Gisela has another ability (hear me out!) it's said earlier in the series that polygot is seen as an extra ability, and that many polygots have another ability. I think that she could have whatever new ability Keefe is getting, or maybe an illegal or looked down upon ability, like pyrokinesis, or being a shade
- Lady Gisela is "the other" that Alden talked about. (just listen) I know people say that's not true, because Cassius and Alden aren't friends. That's my point. What if Lady Gisela drove them apart? What if everyone was surprised, because Lady Gisela and Alden were "perfect for each other" but Cassius was what she needed to make Keefe how she wanted?
- Where was that other quote? What other quote? The alden one is in the keefe short story and the first one is from like the first or second book i think
- I think that Lady Gisela is Glimmer
- Gisela's lack of another ability other than being a Polyglot is her motivation for her plans. It's implied that she either has one she's unwilling to talk about or simply doesn't have another one, which would explain why she seems to resent Cassius' comment about it. However, I doubt that she's secretly a Pyrokinetic because her and Fintan's rivalry would be kind of weird(wouldn't they be more united if they have the same motivation?), plus nobody ever mentioned her having a high body temperature. If she had any other looked-down upon ability like a Mesmer/Shade, I feel like she would've used it by now. All this leads me to believe she lacks a second ability, which causes her shame and was what lead her to fight against injustice. - Limon Drop
- Also, maybe she gave Keefe a bunch of fancy abilities or whatever because she wanted to compensate for her own? I have a feeling she's trying to live through him by using him as an ultra powerful puppet to do her bidding(something that a lot of real life narc parents do), which also might be a sign that she's insecure about not having a second ability. - also Limon Drop
Theories that don't fit in the other categories.
- Marella and Keefe could be related. I mean they both have the same color for hair and eyes. (sorry Karella shippers.)
- Lady Cadence could be Jolie. They both are conjurers, Lady Cadence has been with the ogres as long as Jolie has been dead, and when Sophie went into Jolie's room she found exilrs for your apperence.(i don't know how to spell exilrs. Is that how u spell it?)
- Maybe Brant was framed that he killed Jolie.
- What if Tinker was a double agent for the Black Swan and the Neverseen? She could also be Dex's long-lost aunt. (that would explain his technopathy) That would also mean that she was technically Sophie's aunt, and also Juline and Edaline's sister. I know, a little far-fetched, but still could be true.-Stark
- Glimmer (I think), is Joli. They are both Conjurers so why not? Also didn't Glimmer help Sophie and the others
- Glimmer might be Luzia Vacker, Councillor Clarette, Coach Rohanna (purple ambi coach), or Mai Song
- Councillor Clarette: Both Clarette and Glimmer are flashers. They both have black hair. Since there is a couple of people on the council deeply involved with the Blackswan, it would make sense if there was a neverseen member as well. Lastly, Councilor Clarette likes animals and glimmer has a cat statue meaning she might like animals as well.
- Coach Rohanna: Coach Rohana was his coach at Exillium. They both have long, black hair, and we don't know what Coach Rohana's ability is. Lady Gisela also mentioned that Glimmer was more devoted to their cause than anyone else, which could suggest that she was banished or wronged by the Council. We also know for a fact that all 3 Exillium Coaches have some dislike of the Councillors.
- Mai Song: Both Glimmer and Mai have long, straight ebony hair, as do Tam and Linh. It is said in the Tam Short Story that Glimmer sounds like Linh when she speaks. She also revealed that she cared about Tam during his stay with the Neverseen, often checking on him and trying to become his friend. Mai Song/Glimmer was likely recruited to the Neverseen by Lady Gisela. Lord Cassius briefly mentioned that he knew Quan Song (Mai's husband) and they sometimes met up. It would make sense for Lady Gisela and Mai to then hang out together, and when Lady Gisela noticed how powerful a Flasher Mai was, she may have invited her to join the order. Mai also seemed to regret letting Tam and Linh get banished, so she may have been angry at the Council, and joining the Neverseen might have been her way at getting back at them. She could have been mad at them for not silencing the prejudice on multiple births, too, since she maybe felt pressure to say that her children weren't twins (not to say that what she did was right). In Book 6: Nightfall, it is shown that Mai may regret letting Tam and Linh get banished, so she might have made friends with Tam to see him more.
- Credits: https://lost-cities-keeper.fandom.com/wiki/Glimmer
- (This theory is a little far-fetched) Tinker might be a descendant of one of the pyrokinetics that was killed by Fintan. It would explain why she hates fire.
- Dex will play a bigger part in book 9 since he was only a big part in book 1 and hasn't been seen too much, so, it would make sense for him to be a more prominent character in the next book.
Theories about the Vackers
- "the vacker legacy". it's something mentioned multiple times in the books, mostly by alvar and alden. now, alvar seems very distraught when he learns what "the vacker legacy" "really" is. i'll tell you. iiiiiiiiitttt'ssss........incest! you heard me. why would alvar be so disgusted, you ask? because it's incest, duh, that's gross. blue eyes supposedly are a result of incest, or people with a specific gene in common reproducing. (not sure how true that is, sorry) so that would make sense. with a family as powerful and prominent as the vackers, what if they wanted to keep their bloodline "pure"? i know that it's a little dark, and this book is also for younger kids, but i still think it'd be something that could happen, with how much they care about status.
- This seems kind of obvious/far-fetched at the same time, but I think the Vacker legacy is basically about how the Vackers have screwed up the Lost Cities, and those screw-ups serve as the main motivations for each of the Neverseen members somehow. - Limon Drop
- Fintan: His whole thing is that he wants to lift the pyrokinesis ban, right? Well, the ban was probably instated by Fallon Vacker(as Sophie mentioned at some point in the series). Vespera's motivation is to expose the Vackers(ties in directly with Luzia/Orem)and rid elves of their guilt, so that's another example of a Neverseen member being evil at least partially because of the Vackers.
- The far-fetched part: Maybe Gisela is a Vacker? If she is, this ties in well with theories that she either has a taboo ability/none besides her Polyglot-ness. Vackers are supposed to be the "superior" elves; stronger abilities, better genes, etc. The theory is that Gisela's being a Vacker in combination with her possible second ability(or lack thereof)made her feel like she wasn't good enough(kind of like Alvar's motivation), leading her to join the Neverseen.