Please credit yourself when you post your arguments!
Sophie and Keefe (Sokeefe)Edit
- Reasons why I'm partial to this ship
- Keefe is always there for Sophie, no matter what happens, and even when things aren't necessarily going his way. He is so supportive that even when Sophie is dating Fitz, he comforts her by saying that Fitz will like her even if she is unmatchable. Hopefully, regardless of whether she gets into a relationship with Keefe or not, she will realize this at some point in the books.
- Sophie generally tells Keefe things first. This is because she's never afraid of how he will react, subconsciously understanding that he will be supportive in any and every scenario.
- Keefe has never gotten angry or overreacted to anything Sophie has done.
- Sophie is worried when Keefe gets himself into bad situations
- When he goes off to join the Neverseen as a double-agent
- When Keefe thinks either one of his parents is a part of the Neverseen
As a telepath, Sophie’s mind is stronger than her heart; she focuses on the things going on in her mind. She knows what her head tells her. We know that her ‘silly crush’ on Fitz started out based on his looks. It is understandable that he ‘rescued’ her and was with her when she had to leave her human family behind, but who was with her throughout the rest of the series? Keefe. Keefe was with her through thick and thin, he was by her side throughout everything and cared about her feelings far more than his own. She cares about him, way more than she realizes. Probably, because she cares from her heart. She believed him and trusted him when he was with the Neverseen when no one else did.
“All right then, forget the trust exercises!’ Keefe decided. ’Fitz can cover the head stuff, I’ll cover the heart stuff, you’ll do the Rage-monster thing and you’ll start getting a feel of your shiny, improved ability”
How different characters affect her
Keefe couldn’t care less about his reputation, in fact he loves the rebel he is. On the other hand Fitz is all about the reputation. Example-“Did you hear them today? They hate us.’ And: “No but they’re still my family. And they're not the only ones bothered about my brother. You’ve seen what its been like at school-and this is going to make it a million times worse.” He might as well have said I CARE ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE THINK OF ME.
-Let’s talk about their breakup-
I’ll start by quoting a few sentences.
“WELL, I DON’T!’ Fitz interrupted. ‘Because you won’t tell me! And apparently I'm not even supposed to be guessing-and I’m just supposed to be super okay with this too! Like it isn’t also going to ruin everything for me”
Rude much? If Shannon wanted to make Sophitz a thing wouldn’t she try and make Fitz a bit more lovable? Instead she makes Keefe the lovable one.
Here’s a question we should all ask ourselves (especially all you Sophitz shippers) ‘do you think that Fitz would like Sophie if Alden’s mind was still broken?’ my answer is NO. Tell me, what are the odds of Fitz apologizing to Sophie the same day that he hears she is going to attempt to fix Alden’s mind? He says the apology has got nothing to do with it…but honestly? Sophie believed him because she really wanted to. After all those hurtful things he said to her. Imagine if Sophitz became official (again) and they get into an argument. Imagine what other horrible things he would say to her. And in case you didn’t know that’s emotional abuse. Making someone feel bad according to your hurtful words. He was also going to start a fight with Alvar but Keefe stopped him. What would have happened if Keefe did not stop him.
What doesn’t make sense is that, Fitz said so himself that he thinks of Sophie as a sister. What changed? It honestly doesn’t add up.
I also think that Fitz is becoming a slightly dislike able character, while Keefe is becoming way more lovable.
Keefe seems to be the most loyal from the foster fan club. When they all went to go and find Tam and Linh, Dex and Fitz seemed thunderstruck when they saw Linh. Keefe couldn’t seem to care less about her. Keefe loves Sophie and doesn’t care about her imperfections. He never takes his anger out on her and never ever insults her. He won’t force Sophie to do anything that she is uncomfortable doing.
Some of you, don’t like Keefe (I don’t know how you live with yourselves BTW) because he ‘betrayed’ Sophie. But don’t you see how it pained him? It hurt him more than it hurt her. He did it and she understood and forgave him. Keefe’s brokenness, impacted immensely on that decision.
If Shannon, really wanted Sophie and Fitz to be together, why she have added all these faulty things that make their relationship bad and unhealthy. if she wanted to she could have given Keefe a bunch of faulty characteristics but instead, she gave it to Fitz. Sophitz started off based on looks. Sophie hardly ever says anything about Fitz other than his looks.
The only reason that Fitz knows all (or most anyways) of Sophie's secrets is because they're COGNATES. Keefe knows her secrets because she trusts him and chooses to tell him her secrets.
Sophie is caring. Fitz has loving parents and a sister that care about him. Keefe has no-one besides Sophie. His parents are abusive and he has no siblings.
Like I said Sophitz started off based on looks and similarities in supernatural abilities. I mean Fitz cares about his reputation a lot, so why would he want to ruin it. Sokeefe will start out because they were there for each other through thick and thin, and I see nothing wrong or unhealthy with Sokeefe. They aren’t dating yet, but as Sophie said, we must always have hope. So we Sokeefe fans must wait and believe and hope and remember “Team Foster-Keefe will always win”
- Sophie doesn’t always understand all the problems Keefe is facing, Keefe needs someone who can get his problems with his parents and can relate
- Keefe running off to join the Neverseen wasn't necessarily a good thing--in fact, Sophie told Keefe that his "spying" wasn't doing any good. He ran off to join the Neverseen, making Sophie worry over him every night, when he didn't exactly glean lots of information from the Neverseen.
- Most crushes start with looks. You look at someone and think, "Hey, they're cute!" and that's what propels you to start talking to them. And with Keefe, didn't Sophie think he was cute at first? So that argument doesn't work here. But say it's true, Sophie's crush on Fitz started based on his looks. But over time, they got to know each other. They became close friends, and Sophie got to see what Fitz was really like beneath the cute boy exterior. So Sophie's crush on Fitz may have started based on looks, but now it most definitely isn't.
- The Cognates issue. Cognates are supposed to trust each other more than anyone in the world. They tell each other secrets to build up their trust, and eventually they become incredibly close. So saying that Sophie tells Fitz secrets because "they have to" is essentially true, but the point you're missing is because they tell each other secrets, they trust each other more. Maybe more than Sophie trusts Keefe.
- Fitz's reputation. Actually, yes, Fitz cares about his reputation. He's the "Golden Boy" of a very prestigious family, and he was taught to believe that his reputation was everything. But he's already shown that he's willing to give up the "repuation" for Sophie. He's broken into exile, become a part of a rebel group, and become friends with the Dizznees, which shows that he's willing to forgo that for his friends and Sophie. So, technically, that argument is null and void.
Sophie and Fitz (Fitzphie)Edit
- Reasons why I'm not the biggest fan of this ship
- Sophie generally tells other people things before she tells Fitz. This is because she's always afraid of how Fitz will react, which is a big red flag.
- Fitz breaks up with Sophie because to him, everything is about matchmaking. When he found out that Sophie was unmatchable, he decided to end everything, since the only thing he really wanted was for Sophie to come up at the very top.
- He gets angry at her if she doesn't include him in everything
Biana and Dex (Bianex) Edit
- They relate to each other DESPITE being of very diffrent statuses.
- They show affection, such as holding hands, defending each other, and blushing (mainly only Dex for the last one)
- They aren't exactly ideal for each other (Vacker,Dizznee)
- This is a counter-argument to a counter-argument; the KOTLC books make it very clear that despite the elves' silly superstitions about family honor and bad matches, you could marry anyone and it was fine as long as you were happy.
Tiana (Tam and Biana)Edit
- They both are suffering in their own way because of the Neverseen
- Biana and Tam obviously are perfect for each other :D
- Biana is the “light” and Tam is the “darkness”
- Tam hinted he likes brunette through Linh
Sotam (Sophie and Tam) Edit
Reason why Sotam should happen:
- Tam is the wise and Sophie needs him :)
- Sophie is oblivious and Tam definitely can help
- Sotam is what I shipped in Neverseen before Tam met Biana